Q. What time is check-in?
A. We welcome you to arrive anytime after 4 pm. If arriving later in the dark we suggest that you bring along a flashlight.....there is only starlight on Bowen.
Q. What time is check out?
A. Your check out time is as late as 11 am. Our cleaners will arrive ready to get cleaning so, please...... no late checkout.
Q. Are you Pet-Friendly?
A. Yes, we do allow dogs (upon approval) at specific properties. Maximum 2 dogs per property, Please let us know the bread, age, and weight of your dog. $15 per dog per night + gst pst. Allowed at:
- Lazy Bowen Hideaway
- Lazy B Waterfront Suite
- Eastman Waterfront Cottage
- Evergreen Cottage
- Weaver Waterfront House
Sorry, the Eastman Waterfront Retreat DOES NOT allow pets of any kind.
- BARKING / GROWLING DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED. Guests will be asked to leave if their barking/growling dog is not controlled. No refund will be given for unused days and time.
- Pets must be at least 1 year or older.
- Guests must clean up after their pets whether on the property, beach or along the road. Please dispose waste in a tightly sealed plastic bag and place in the outdoor trash can.
- Dogs are to be leashed at all times when on the Eaglecliff or any Bowen Island summertime dock.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture or bedding at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture will incur extra cleaning fees.
- Please provide your own pet bed, blanket and paw towel.
- All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three days prior to arrival.
- Pets must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be charged to the guest.
- Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch.
- Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may occur to pets or humans while on the premises.
The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property. X_____________________________ date_________
Q. What is your cancellation policy?
A minimum cancellation fee of $150 will be charged for all cancellations.
Cancellation Policy In all cases a cancellation fee of $150 will be charged to the Guest if the booking is canceled.
October – June (Holidays excluded)- If the reservation is canceled less than 30 days prior to the Check-In Date, the Guest will be charged the full amount of the rent.
June 24 -July, August, September & Holidays - If the reservation is made for June 24 - July, August, September & holidays and canceled less than 90 days prior to check-in, the guest will be charged the full amount of the rent.
Late arrival or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. We strongly suggest guests purchase travel insurance separately to protect the guests against the unexpected cancellation.
STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS No refunds will be given for snow, road conditions, ferry cancellations or storms.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance. If you wish to purchase travel insurance, go to Travel Guard or Square Mouth for comparisons and to purchase.
Q. What is the maximum occupancy?
A. Guests include adults, teenagers, young children, and infants. The number of guests varies per property. Occupancy is determined by a combination of the number of beds, septic capacity, and seating:
Lazy Bowen Hideaway: 4 guests. 2 bedrooms, each with Queen beds plus a click clack sofa for a solo sleeper.
Last B Waterfront Suite: 4 guests. Studio suite with a queen bed, upgraded full-size sleeper, and twin bed.
Evergreen Cottage: 6 guests. 3 bedrooms: Queen / 2 twins / Double
Eastman Waterfront Cottage: 4 guests. 2 bedrooms, one with a full-size bed, another with 2 twin beds.
Eastman Waterfront Retreat: 6 guests. 3 bedrooms: King / Queen / Queen
Lazy Bowen Hideaway plus Lazy B waterfront Suite: 8 guests. 3 bedrooms: 3 Queens, 1 full-size sleeper sofa, and 1 twin bed
Q. Can we stay for a single night?
A. You can stay for a single night but the rate is still a minimum 2-night charge. We recommend that you make the most of your booking by arriving very early or departing late.
- EARLY ARRIVAL OPTION: Arrive as early as you like on your first day, at 6 am if you like. Your check out is then at 11 am the following day.
- LATE CHECK OUT OPTION: Check in at 3 pm (our regular time) on your first day. Use your second day as a late check out (leave on the 10 pm ferry if you like)
Q. What is your minimum night stay?
A. We have 2-night minimums. Although, 3- 5-night minimums are required during the high season, long holiday weekends and Christmas New Year's holiday week.
Q. Do you offer discounts for extended stays of a week or longer?
A. We sure do. Book 7 nights and get 10% off of your stay. Be sure to check our promotion page for our seasonal offers. We do not offer discounts or free nights during holidays or the high summer season.
Q. Would you be interested in renting as a long-term monthly rental?
If you are looking for a long-term rental you can calculate our weekly rate and then multiply by the number of weeks to get an idea of your long-term rate. Your rate will include weekly cleaning.
Q. Why do you charge for additional guests at your properties?
A. For our smaller properties that often have a couple as occupants, we have kept our rates at a double occupancy rate making it affordable for a couple to stay. When there are more guests we do charge additional fees as the cleaners typically will have more cleaning chores to complete for a larger group versus a couple. Plus there is additional amenity usage. We believe this is a win-win for us and our guests.
Q. Do you charge for children?
A. Yes, we do charge for children as an additional guest. With the exception of infants that are not yet walking, we do charge for all guests including children. Unlike hotel rooms, we have many nooks and crannies, glass, and objects that require deep cleaning like a real home. Our housekeepers do an excellent job of cleaning after each turnover and this all takes additional time with additional guests. Plus all guests use bedding, water, towels, and other amenities.
Q. Do you have a Jacuzzi?
A. Sorry, no, none of our properties have outdoor Jacuzzis. Believe it or not, water is a precious resource on Bowen especially during the summer when it can be rationed. The amount of water needed would tax our water resources.
Q. Do you have a sauna?
A. Yes, the Eastman Waterfront Retreat has an indoor sauna.
Q. Do you offer on-site massage treatments?
A. By all means, schedule a massage treatment with one of our many local massage therapists. See our Storm Season page for our recommendations, including a few who provide mobile massage.
Q. Do you have a crib, strollers, or other infant/toddler equipment?
A. No, sorry, we do not provide these items, but you can rent these items on the mainland from Wee Travel (weetravel.ca), and pick them up before heading over to Bowen Island.