Lazy B Waterfront Suite Welcome Guide
Lazy B Waterfront Suite Welcome Guide
Thank you for your signed rental agreement. We know you will enjoy the spectacular view and casual comfort of the Lazy B Waterfront Suite as well as the quiet tranquility. To assist you with your getaway plans we have provided you with some helpful information about getting to Bowen and what to do while on Bowen.
THE KEY & WI-FI
Your entry access code & free WIFI password will be emailed to you 5 days prior to your arrival. Watch for the email and if you have not received it, please check your spam folder.
Rain or shine Bowen Island is beautiful, but it is best to be properly packed and prepared. Find your Bowen Weather forecast here.
BOWEN GUIDE ONLINE
Our online Bowen Guide will answer many of your questions in the below categories. Of course, if you still have questions feel free to contact us, we are happy to help.
Other useful links: Bowen Online Phone Directory & Tourism Bowen Island
DRIVING DIRECTIONS & IMPORTANT ROAD USE INSTRUCTIONS
2 Wheel Drive Vehicles park for free along Eagle Cliff Road.
ANGLE PARK in the mailbox area along Eagle Cliff Road.
You may then take the short walk down, or pre-book our Shuttle Driver to assist you.
See our DRIVING DIRECTIONS page for more information on Parking & the Cleator Road Shuttle service.
PLEASE WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO TO HEAR OUR CLEATOR ROAD TUTORIAL
(This is very important to keep the peace in our neighbourhood and for me to be able to continue to offer our home as a vacation rental)
Cleator Road is privately funded and maintained with neighborhood labor and money. Please respect the rules of Cleator Road and do as the neighbours do…. Drive All or 4-wheel drive vehicles only.
It is the challenge of Cleator Road that maintains the quiet privacy of the Lazy Bowen Hideaway.
For more in-depth information on buses, ferries, water taxis, Bowen shuttle, scooters, road reports, directions from YVR, and more, visit our Transportation Page.
- 281 EAGLE CLIFF BUS ROUTE is a friendly and reliable way to get around Bowen. Just wave the bus down. If you choose to use the service, the drivers will pick you up or drop you right at the top of Cleator Road along Eagle Cliff. Here is the schedule: Eagle Cliff to Snug Cove & back. Or call 604-947-0229 for more information
- HITCHHIKING - Put your smile on, stick your thumb out and hitch a ride. Islanders will be happy to pick you up and take drop you off along the way. It is a legal way to get a lift on Bowen.
- WATER TAXI SERVICES If you miss the last BC ferry from Horseshoe Bay or you want a late night out on the mainland, count on the Cormorant Marine Water Taxi to get you back to Bowen. (604-250-2630 firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE ~ THERE ARE NO LAND TAXIS OR UBERS TO SERVE VISITORS ON BOWEN ISLAND
QUIET TIME - LAZY BOWEN HIDEAWAY & LAZY B WATERFRONT SUITE A COTTAGE / DUPLEX
The upper floor Lazy Bowen Hideaway & the ground floor Lazy B Waterfront Suite are self-contained with separate entrances, decks, and parking areas. Similar to a B&B, normal conversation voices and normal TV volumes are required. Quiet Time is requested between 10 pm and 9 am so everyone can enjoy the quiet tranquility of the Lazy Bowen Hideaway and the Lazy B Waterfront Suite.
REMEMBER TO WALK ON MARSHMALLOWS - no elephant stomping. Your Hideaway neighbours will appreciate your thoughtfulness.
IS IT AFTER 10 PM? SHHHHH......... NO LOUD TV, Music, Voices, or Foot stomping.
Are the Hideaway guests disturbing your Quiet Time? Contact me ASAP: Call 604 800 1486 or text 702 281 3529.
- first morning's pot of coffee (drip coffee maker)
- coffee bean grinder
- various tea selections
- a bit of flour & sugar
- olive oil or other cooking oil
- salt & pepper
- additional spices will vary
- ketchup & mustard
- various pots and pans
- dishes and flatware
- filtered water
ORGANIC WASTE, RECYCLING, AND TRASH
We realize that the trash regulations are detailed. If you feel you cannot comply, feel free to bag all of your trash and remove it from Bowen in your own vehicle.
Recycling is required by the Bowen Island Municipality. Please follow the following guidelines:
ORGANIC WASTE: We provide an organics pail to separate your organic trash. We line the pail with paper towel and suggest placing all other paper towel and paper plates in the pail to absorb the organic moisture. When the compost pail is full you can empty it into the bin with the Organics Permit in the Lazy Bowen Hideaway parking area.
RECYCLING: PLEASE WASH AND RINSE RECYCLING BEFORE PUTTING INTO BINS
To organize the recycling and trash we have a 2 compartment trash can. Please rinse, clean, and crush all recyclables. When the recycle compartment is full please sort into the white bins in the Lazy Bowen Hideaway parking area trash center. Items such as newspaper, clean paper, plastic bottles, bags, metal, glass, batteries, and egg cartons are accepted.
ALL OTHER TRASH:
(Non-organic or non-recyclable) Collect the rest of your trash in the provided stainless steel trash can. Additional kitchen trash liners can be found in the bottom of the trash can. When full, tie off your trash bag and place in the navy blue trash can with the NON-Organics permit located in our Hideaway parking area.
ALL RECYCLING, TRASH, AND ORGANICS GO TO THE TRASH CENTER (pictured) located in the Lazy Bowen Hideaway parking area.
WOOD FIRES FOR THE WOOD STOVE OCTOBER THROUGH APRIL
follow our video for a simple fire building tutorial
May 1– September 30: No fires in the fireplace or wood stove.
October–April: Fires in the wood stove are allowed assuming there has been a good rainfall and while firewood supplies last. We supply a limited amount of firewood (5 logs) for your evening fires.
NOTE: Firewood is the price of gold on Bowen Island. If you would like to burn additional wood during your stay feel free to:
- Purchase seasoned dry wood prior to arriving on Bowen to supplement our wood supply.
- Purchase 3 hour Presto logs from the Bowen General Store or the Bowen Building Centre. The General store does occasionally sell wood bundles, but give them a call first to see if they are stocked.
- Firewood bundles ($7.99 each) available for sale at the Bowen Grocer. Available while supplies last.
Read our blog articles about Bowen firewood prices and burning safely.
Airtight woodstove operation: Do watch our "How to Build a Fire" video above.
Place a couple of medium size logs in the wood box, then kindling on top of the wood, them crumpled paper on top of the kindling. Make sure the damper lever is open and slid to the left. Once the logs have caught fire and you see a good hot flame start to slide the damper lever to the right, reducing the amount of air. The goal is to have blue flames not hot high red flames. This will make for an efficient burning fire making your wood last longer creating a warm and comfortable environment.
VERY IMPORTANT ~ Never use wet wood or beach wood gathered from the surrounding area. This will deposit creosote in the flue creating a dangerous fire situation. You are welcome to bring along your own seasoned dried wood.
For additional fire building suggestions visit our Storm Season page and learn how to build your fire upside down to conserve your wood and to build a long burning fire.
EXTREME FIRE HAZARD WARNING – NO BEACH FIRES, NO CAMPFIRES, NO OUTDOOR BURNING
NO OUTDOOR BURNING any time.
WHAT IF THERE IS A POWER OUTAGE?
Storms can be exciting but high winds can leave us without power. We supply tea light candles, matches, and battery operated lanterns. You can find these items in the cupboard above the stove.
NOTE: We do not have a generator. If the power goes out think of it as comfortable camping and enjoy the storm.
Bowen Online phone directory - http://www.bowen-island-bc.com/directory/directory.html
For all things Bowen Island stop by and visit the Tourism Bowen Island web site - http://www.tourismbowenisland.com/
While our water is fine to drink out of the regular tap, we also provide a filtered water tap on the left side of the sink. There is no need to bring bottled water. Our water is derived from a deep well and an open surface reservoir. Click to learn more about the Eagle Cliff Water System that supplies our water and general water systems and issues on Bowen Island. It is recommended that those who are immune-compromised do not drink water derived from surface wells, without boiling first. To learn more about this, please click here.
While dogs are welcome for an added fee and with our approval, we ask that you please bring the following items to protect our property and ensure your pet’s comfort.
- Towels, to wipe muddy paws.
- A blanket or dog bed (no pets on the furniture).
- Pet brush, to contain pet hair. (Please dispose of fur in the green bin).
- First-morning pot of coffee (Cuisinart Drip Coffee maker)
- Some tea selections
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil or other cooking oil
- A bit of sugar
- A bit of flour
- Various spices
CHECK OUT PROCEDURES
As if you are at your own home, prepare for the housekeepers by tidying up before your departure.
We are proud of our team of outstanding Bowen housekeepers…showing them gratitude for their good work is appreciated.
- Please wash the dishes, glasses, flatware, pots and pans and put them away. At the very least, start the dishwasher early as the cycle takes approximately 2 hours. The housekeepers can put the clean dishes away.
- Remove any leftover food from the refrigerator.
- Remove the garbage, recycling, and the organics to the proper trash can in the Hideaway parking area/ trash center. *We realize that the trash regulations are detailed. If you feel you cannot comply feel free to bag all of your trash and remove it from Bowen in your own vehicle.
- Leave the beds unmade and as-is, so our staff will know which beds to launder and make up.
- Used towels and cloths can be left in the bottom of the shower.
- If you have moved the furniture or lamps please place them back in their original locations.
- Before you leave please turn the thermostats down to 10 or in the warmer months turn to “off” and turn off all the lights. We are doing our part to conserve power.
- Before you leave please sign the guest book.
- Upon exiting lock the door and pull it closed behind you. Place the key back in the lockbox
If you have noticed anything during your stay that needs attention (burnt out light bulb, switch doesn't work, out of sugar, etc.) please leave us a note so we can address it.
Have a safe trip home and come back and stay with us again.
If you have any additional questions about your visit to Bowen Island please give me a call. Most of all, enjoy your stay at the Lazy B Waterfront Suite.
BE SURE TO BE LAZY,
Owner / Manager
604 800 1486 office
702 281 3529 WhatsApp & text